Saturday, January 6, 2007

Morning is Coming

This all took place during a time when I and those close to me were going through a tough time.
I was driving home on the highway, sitting in the back seat looking out the window. And I realized that I was surrounded by darkness on all sides. I squinted trying to see more than three feet into the distance but to no avail. All I could see was darkness and the blurred images, of what I could only assume were trees, speeding past me and into the darkness behind me. And I wondered if there was any light to be found in this world of night. Than I looked up.
The sky of course the sky, a sea of stars shepherded by that celestial body we call the moon. Surely there would be a sea of lights to guide us through the night. It just so happened there was not, instead there was an over cast of dark clouds. And I smiled, because despite the clouds trying to block the light from the heavens they could not. The light shone through the cloud illuminating the whole sky in a comforting crimson glow. And I realized that even on the darkest of nights when all that surrounds you is dark, and the sky shows you no stars, it's always brighter when you take you eyes off the horizon and lift them to the heavens. And eventually the clouds part and the stars and moon shine like silver, and not far after that the sun rises and emits it's warm, comforting golden rays that wrap you in the embrace of God.
So even when you find yourself in the darkest night of your life remember that morning is coming.

1 comment:

Mr. Eure said...

I'm happy to see that you've posted twice already. I'm looking forward to this blog; I think it will easily find a community outside of the classroom.