Sunday, January 7, 2007

Excel Is Almost Here

Some of you may know that Excel is around the corner (like this Sat. around the corner) and I am pumped as always. Yes, it's true I've only gone once before but that one time was enough to keep me coming back for more. For those of you who don't know Excel is a teen conference held in up state New York every year, and is run by Youth for Christ a great organization whose main ministry is reaching out to the youth and primarily inter city youth. But last year was a blast we didn't stay in the hotel where it was held but instead one down the street and we had to walk the distance in the cold and sometimes the dark. But that was one of the best parts. At Excel their are really three main parts. Part one you have your "General Sessions" were over 2000 teens gather to worship and hear about God. Part two there are the "Seminars" and a lot of them and you get to pick from a wide range to fit your interest. And last but not least "Free time" witch is just what it sounds like free-time during these breaks in the schedule you can due whatever you want (and what’s legal) from swimming to pillow wars to shopping around to my favorite sleeping. And last year they had a Rebecca Saint James concert witch was pretty rockin' but I don't know if they are having any big name artist this year and if not that’s okay.
Because there is so much to do and so much God to enjoy that it keeps bringing you back for revival and refreshment to face the harsh world that can get pretty rough sometimes. So Lord willing I will post about this year early next week when I get back.

P.S. Pray for patience for me because I’m jumping out of my skin with excitement.

2 comments:

PogueMahone said...

sounds very interesting and I hope you enjoy the conference and thanks for keeping the faith alive

duchamp said...

It's very cool that you are able to place such devout faith in something you believe in. Lord knows, it's hard these days. But I can't help thinking about a movie called "Jesus Camp" which I reccomend to you. It seems like the same thing as the program you're attending. But in the movie, there were like five year old children weeping and crying and clawing at their faces and drawing blood and...suffice to say I didn't get much sleep after seeing that. So while you're at this thing...just...well from a half jew to a Christian, "keep it safe, and keep it kosher." Hope you have a good time.